Dod ii - Big Jimmy's Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Dod ii

OK folks, we've been chattin' this up in the Donkey thread for a while and, by popular opinion, it looks as though DOD II is all but set... here are the details:

Date: June 10, 11 2011

Event: ABATE of Nebraska, District 11's Annual Spring Bash

Details: This is an annual event held by ABATE of Nebraska's District 11. It is just a couple miles out of the small town of DuBois, Nebraska, just a few miles north of the Kansas/Nebraska border. It is a 2-3 day event that starts on Friday and ends when ya get up and make it outta there Sunday. It costs $20 to get in for the entire weekend. And, for that $20, you get free camping all weekend, free all-you-can-drink ice-cold-out-of-the-tap beer all weekend and live entertainment both Friday and Saturday nights. The live entertainment? Who else for DOD but Southern Reign! There is at least one food vendor and a few other vendors there.

Folks, we played this event earlier this year and it flat rocks! It is the most fun I've had playin' at an event since DOD I. Here are a couple pics of the stage:

There are a few motorcycle events during the later part of the day Saturday (slow race, wienie race, ring toss and keg push) and it's just a real laid back, fun time. The folks that show up are awesome and love to party. I guarantee ya, this is a major party just waitin' for the Donkeys (and anyone else interested!) to arrive!

We (the band) plan on camping there, just like last time. It's a great place to camp, lots of shade, and fairly flat. Here are a few pics of the campgrounds:

There just a bit of gravel road to get to the site but not much and it's not bad (they've been holding this event at this site for years). I've heard tell of motels in a nearby town but have no info on that at the moment. If anyone needs that info, let me know.

Deb is already playin' around with some t-shirt designs and Suzie had the great idea of havin' Donkey lookin' out of a tent on the shirt. I'm pretty confident we'll be incorporating that and many other ideas.

Quite a few of you have said you plan on goin'... if so, please post it here so we can get some ideas on how many are gonna make it. The more the merrier!

I realize this is pretty far in advance but I figured I'd let everyone know now... I'm am soooooooooooooooooooooo ready to do this!

Mike
'07 Vulcan 900LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Administrator

That looks like a bunch of fun! Do you have some pictures of the crowd while you were playing?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

It was a blast! Unfortunately, I didn't get too many crowd pics (and the few I did can't be posted here). I've got a better camera so I hope to get more/better pics goin' forward

Mike
'07 Vulcan 900LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 01:35 PM
New to these parts

Wish I could make it.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 04:47 PM
In the groove

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiew View Post
Wish I could make it.
So do we! Not that I really know ya but the more the merrier
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Most folks, I'm sure, will be camping at this events. For those who are not so inclined, there are a few motels in the area. Here are the closest ones I've found:

Settle Inn & Suites Seneca
1615 North Street, Seneca, KS
Rooms begin at $71.99
13 miles from DuBois city center

Super 8 Motel - Tecumseh
412 N. 12th, Tecumseh, NE
Room rates unavailable
24 miles from DuBois city center

Super 8 Rock Port MO
1301 I-29 and Hwy 136 W Ex110, Rock Port, MO
Rooms begin at $62.90
36 miles from DuBois city center

There are others but they are at least 40 miles from the site. Prolly a bit far to travel after partyin' all night. If'n ya want those, let me know and I'll list em.

Mike
'07 Vulcan 900LT
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

DOD II is getting closer and closer - less than 3 months! We should have a t-shirt design finalized very soon. Once that is done and published, we'll start taking orders.

There's a group of folks from Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri all looking to hook up in Kansas and ride in together. We'll post more details about that as they are finalized.

Mike
'07 Vulcan 900LT
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Got the final artwork in for the t-shirt design. Once approved, I'll post it here and start taking orders

Mike
'07 Vulcan 900LT
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Contacted the t-shirt vendor today - as soon as all the details are worked out, they'll be posted here.

Mike
'07 Vulcan 900LT
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Finally!

OK folks, here is the t-shirt design.

It will be on a dark grey shirt similar to what is shown here. Prices are $10 for a t-shirt, $12 for a tank, $12.50 for a ladies tank. If you are interested, you can place your order through my PayPal. All orders must be prepaid (I'm sorry, due my long but only recently resolved bout with unemployment, I'm just not in a position to carry the balance) and the shirts will be picked up on the way to Nebraska on the 10th of June and delivered onsite.

NOTE: I am not a vendor. I am making absolutely no money on these shirts, you are getting them at cost. Therefore, when submitting through PayPal, please choose "gift" or you'll be responsible for making up the difference on your order. If interested, message me and I'll give you my PayPal info.

Just a touch over a month away - this is gonna be awesome!

Mike
'07 Vulcan 900LT