Jim, what were you thinking............ - Big Jimmy's Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
New to these parts

Jim, what were you thinking............

...............by asking the Donkey Crew over here???!!! You do know what you're getting yourself into, right?!

Also, just want to thank you for this and that "other" site that I tend to frequent every now and then. I've made some good friends because of it and learned a TON of valuable information!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_deuce03 View Post
...............by asking the Donkey Crew over here???!!! You do know what you're getting yourself into, right?!

Also, just want to thank you for this and that "other" site that I tend to frequent every now and then. I've made some good friends because of it and learned a TON of valuable information!
Hey! I resemble that remark!
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeVulcan View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark!
I think quite a few of us do!

Mike
'07 Vulcan 900LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Quote:

On second thought, being part of a donkey crew completely contradicts my tiough-guy persona. Can't we be like the Great White Shark crew or Velociraptor Crew?
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

How about the Wild Bull crew? Or the banana slug crew?
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Banana slug crew?

Yeah, that enhances the tough-guy persona!

Mike
'07 Vulcan 900LT
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Mike as you all meet and get together, ride and become life long friends believe it or not that was my goal when I started the other forum was for folks to ride from one coast to the other and have a place to stay or visit and it worked. I also wanted to brand the brick and mortar business and meet people myself, I'll be honest and tell you I never thought it would get this expansive and make so many people so happy. Now you know why it is so important to me to maintain the structure and integrity of the forums. I'm glad to have you all aboard here and the BTK forum and it really works for me when people like yourselves get it. This is just a different place then a lot of other biker forums, members respect it the format and each other, I believe thats the success of the forums people being courteous and friends helping friends just like you all were so willing to help Jeff or whoever needed help getting to the DOD. Now the new adventure begins can it happen with all makes and manufacturers I'm not sure but we are going to find out! Oh and by the way your welcome and thank you guys as well.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jimmy View Post
Now you know why it is so important to me to maintain the structure and integrity of the forums. I'm glad to have you all aboard here and the BTK forum and it really works for me when people like yourselves get it.
Yeah, I do get it - now. Although we both know there was a time when I struggled with it. Fortunately, all it took was a place away from BTK where I (and the others I hang with) could cut loose without worrying about the age group that was reading it. The Lounge provided us with that "safety valve" if you will and, while I can't speak for the others, it gives me a place to blow off steam without risking my status there or here

Quote:
This is just a different place then a lot of other biker forums, members respect it the format and each other, I believe thats the success of the forums people being courteous and friends helping friends just like you all were so willing to help Jeff or whoever needed help getting to the DOD.
That's thanks to you... by allowing the Off Topic section and giving us a place where we can get silly and not bother anyone else, we had the opportunity to really get to know each other. Not just in passing, not just through problems but through daily, normal life interactions. When we finally met face-to-face in Tongie, it wasn't a first meeting, it was a reunion. All because you gave us the venue to "meet" for the last couple of years.

Quote:
Now the new adventure begins can it happen with all makes and manufacturers I'm not sure but we are going to find out! Oh and by the way your welcome and thank you guys as well.
I have no doubt we can make this work with all makes and manufacturers... last weekend, we had Kawis, Hondas and HDs cruising and partying side by side with no issues. It's the people that make it work!

Mike
'07 Vulcan 900LT
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Administrator

That is for sure, the iron doesn't make the man (or woman) it's the heart and sole that rides it.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Big Jimmy Fan

Quote:
I think it will be ok, there is really only ONE trouble maker in that bunch, that Ryan fella, long as he doesn't get wind of the place we will be alright

Dave
Life sucks, then you die.
07 900 Custom, 09 FXSTC