Big Jimmy's Motorcycle Forum

Big Jimmy's Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycleridersforum.com/forum/)
-   Cruisers (https://www.motorcycleridersforum.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   The Riding Season Starts....? (https://www.motorcycleridersforum.com/forum/t263/)

trikebubble 02-10-2009 04:11 PM

The Riding Season Starts....?

So when do you all (and no commentary from the peanut gallery in Arizona who ride all year!!!!) think you will be getting the bike on the road this year?

We were optimistically hoping for March 01, but as their is still a lot of snow around, sub-freezing temps, and a ton of sand on the road.......I don't feel too hopeful.
We look to be shooting for April 01, but will keep pour fingers crossed for getting on the road sooner.

The problem up here is that insurance costs an arm and a leg, so the majority of riders do not insure their bikes for 12 months. It can make the decision to put the bike on the road a little more complicated and/or costly.

I just wanna ride Man, just wanna ride!

spok 02-10-2009 06:12 PM

I managed to get out twice within the last week or so. but to officially be "on the road" daily? all depends on the rains.

ispeed77 02-10-2009 11:20 PM

i usually don't start hitting the road til about mid April. we have a TON of salt and sand on the roads so it's usually not worth it to me. i get sandblasted coming down the highway for a couple weeks. then again, if we don't get much more winter weather, then they might start cleaning up the roads early and i could be out there earlier, but probably not.

gene 02-10-2009 11:35 PM

We will do our annual ride up to Lochsa for lunch prob mid April. At least that is what it has been the past 3 years.

spok 02-11-2009 03:44 PM

all in all, its getting closer and closer each and every day

Big Jimmy 02-12-2009 02:04 PM

None to soon I might add!. I don't know what it is but this winter seems very long to me!

trikebubble 02-12-2009 06:42 PM

Me too Jim, me too.
It snowed again here the otherday, and their are small flakes trying to do their thing again this morning.
I'm pretty much ready for spring now.

spok 02-12-2009 07:08 PM

it snowed monday night / tuesday morning and been freezing cold ever since

gene 02-12-2009 07:36 PM

Im gonna go ride the motorcycle quarter ride in front of Wally world.

Snickerdoodle 02-13-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikebubble (Post 2773)
So when do you all (and no commentary from the peanut gallery in Arizona who ride all year!!!!) think you will be getting the bike on the road this year?

We were optimistically hoping for March 01, but as their is still a lot of snow around, sub-freezing temps, and a ton of sand on the road.......I don't feel too hopeful.
We look to be shooting for April 01, but will keep pour fingers crossed for getting on the road sooner.

The problem up here is that insurance costs an arm and a leg, so the majority of riders do not insure their bikes for 12 months. It can make the decision to put the bike on the road a little more complicated and/or costly.

I just wanna ride Man, just wanna ride!

You're so prejudice!!! LOL!!!