The Riding Season Starts....? - Page 2 - Big Jimmy's Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Big Jimmy Fan
 
trikebubble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickerdoodle View Post
You're so prejudice!!! LOL!!!
Prejudiced? Me? I'll have you know I have very good friends who "swing the other way" and I treat them with the exact same silly behaviour, wonderful sarcasm and fabulous wit that I treat everyone else......

Last edited by trikebubble; 02-13-2009 at 10:56 PM.
trikebubble is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Big Jimmy Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Osoyoos, BC Canada
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jimmy View Post
None to soon I might add!. I don't know what it is but this winter seems very long to me!
Same here, it's been almost exactly 3 months since my last ride but feels like 6. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb
I believe we let the research get in the way of good times far too often.
2wheelsforfun is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Big Jimmy Fan
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 152
Silly, I meant prejudice against those of us who CAN ride in the winter time!!!

Dawn
"I love this place"
Snickerdoodle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 AM
Big Jimmy Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 113
It has been snowing here for the last 3 days, but it has melted almost as fast as it hit the ground. Regardless of the snow there won't be any riding until I ditch the front tire. Just haven't figured out which one to get yet.

I suspect mid March and our season should start with high 50* days.
Lobo is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Big Jimmy Fan
 
gene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lolo, MT
Posts: 227
Its been in the 40's here last 3 days. The snow is almost gone and just waiting for the sand and gravel to be cleaned up. But there have been a few bikes out on the road. I think they are a bit nuts, but I am still envious.
gene is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Big Jimmy Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Osoyoos, BC Canada
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene View Post
Its been in the 40's here last 3 days. The snow is almost gone and just waiting for the sand and gravel to be cleaned up. But there have been a few bikes out on the road. I think they are a bit nuts, but I am still envious.
That's where the dual sports come in handy Gene, they're made for sand and gravel, plus they drop well with no damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb
I believe we let the research get in the way of good times far too often.
2wheelsforfun is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Big Jimmy Fan
 
gene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lolo, MT
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelsforfun View Post
That's where the dual sports come in handy Gene, they're made for sand and gravel, plus they drop well with no damage.
I hereya Brent. They are on the list. But I gotta get outta some other debt first. With our economy going down the drain, its a bit scary. I might have to wait a year or so.
gene is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 12:37 AM
New to these parts
 
Flyindrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: US
Posts: 16
I've started salting my driveway.........AND I've a dual sport comming soon....a TW200

-99 1500 Drifter which you will have to pry out of my dead cold hands.

Last edited by Flyindrifter; 02-20-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Flyindrifter is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Big Jimmy Fan
 
JukieF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 215
We've had the most incredibly mild winter here. Just in the past month, we've had lots of days with temps in the 60s and even low 70s! Hardly any snow to speak of, although we tend to get our biggest snowstorms in the spring. I could have ridden a lot this winter, but my legs have been acting up quite a bit. Not just my knees, but other parts of my legs. It's made me nervous about trying to handle the weight of my bike. I haven't been on it since my surgery. But Alan and I were talking yesterday. We're both getting depressed. And I think we need to get out on some rides to help with that. I don't know how much gravel there is on our favorite roads, though. We might have to steer clear of the mountains, and I'm not to keen about riding east, where it's flat and boring. But just getting out on the bike would probably be great!
JukieF is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Big Jimmy Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Osoyoos, BC Canada
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukieF View Post
We've had the most incredibly mild winter here. Just in the past month, we've had lots of days with temps in the 60s and even low 70s! Hardly any snow to speak of, although we tend to get our biggest snowstorms in the spring. I could have ridden a lot this winter, but my legs have been acting up quite a bit. Not just my knees, but other parts of my legs. It's made me nervous about trying to handle the weight of my bike. I haven't been on it since my surgery. But Alan and I were talking yesterday. We're both getting depressed. And I think we need to get out on some rides to help with that. I don't know how much gravel there is on our favorite roads, though. We might have to steer clear of the mountains, and I'm not to keen about riding east, where it's flat and boring. But just getting out on the bike would probably be great!
Do it Julie, I'm envious, we're still snowed in here, with snow in the forecast for the next few weeks. :-( A ride would definitely help, just take your time and enjoy the bike, being on the road again. Hang in there you two, I know it must be very tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb
I believe we let the research get in the way of good times far too often.
2wheelsforfun is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Big Jimmy's Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winter riding gear? KsStreak Gear 9 10-27-2009 10:42 AM
It always starts Charlie Gary Mechanics shop 4 09-30-2009 12:13 AM
I'm riding to 2WheelFun Rides and events 18 08-06-2009 04:12 PM
Riding in Mt Vernon 2wheelsforfun General chat 9 12-31-2008 03:07 PM
I'm at work...would rather be riding 1400pilot General chat 27 10-02-2008 12:41 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome