The Riding Season Starts....? - Page 2 - Big Jimmy's Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Big Jimmy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickerdoodle View Post
You're so prejudice!!! LOL!!!
Prejudiced? Me? I'll have you know I have very good friends who "swing the other way" and I treat them with the exact same silly behaviour, wonderful sarcasm and fabulous wit that I treat everyone else......

Last edited by trikebubble; 02-13-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jimmy View Post
None to soon I might add!. I don't know what it is but this winter seems very long to me!
Same here, it's been almost exactly 3 months since my last ride but feels like 6. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by team ftb
I believe we let the research get in the way of good times far too often.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Silly, I meant prejudice against those of us who CAN ride in the winter time!!!

Dawn
"I love this place"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 AM
Big Jimmy Fan

It has been snowing here for the last 3 days, but it has melted almost as fast as it hit the ground. Regardless of the snow there won't be any riding until I ditch the front tire. Just haven't figured out which one to get yet.

I suspect mid March and our season should start with high 50* days.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Its been in the 40's here last 3 days. The snow is almost gone and just waiting for the sand and gravel to be cleaned up. But there have been a few bikes out on the road. I think they are a bit nuts, but I am still envious.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene View Post
Its been in the 40's here last 3 days. The snow is almost gone and just waiting for the sand and gravel to be cleaned up. But there have been a few bikes out on the road. I think they are a bit nuts, but I am still envious.
That's where the dual sports come in handy Gene, they're made for sand and gravel, plus they drop well with no damage.

Quote:
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelsforfun View Post
That's where the dual sports come in handy Gene, they're made for sand and gravel, plus they drop well with no damage.
I hereya Brent. They are on the list. But I gotta get outta some other debt first. With our economy going down the drain, its a bit scary. I might have to wait a year or so.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 12:37 AM
New to these parts

I've started salting my driveway.........AND I've a dual sport comming soon....a TW200

-99 1500 Drifter which you will have to pry out of my dead cold hands.

Last edited by Flyindrifter; 02-20-2009 at 12:39 AM.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

We've had the most incredibly mild winter here. Just in the past month, we've had lots of days with temps in the 60s and even low 70s! Hardly any snow to speak of, although we tend to get our biggest snowstorms in the spring. I could have ridden a lot this winter, but my legs have been acting up quite a bit. Not just my knees, but other parts of my legs. It's made me nervous about trying to handle the weight of my bike. I haven't been on it since my surgery. But Alan and I were talking yesterday. We're both getting depressed. And I think we need to get out on some rides to help with that. I don't know how much gravel there is on our favorite roads, though. We might have to steer clear of the mountains, and I'm not to keen about riding east, where it's flat and boring. But just getting out on the bike would probably be great!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukieF View Post
We've had the most incredibly mild winter here. Just in the past month, we've had lots of days with temps in the 60s and even low 70s! Hardly any snow to speak of, although we tend to get our biggest snowstorms in the spring. I could have ridden a lot this winter, but my legs have been acting up quite a bit. Not just my knees, but other parts of my legs. It's made me nervous about trying to handle the weight of my bike. I haven't been on it since my surgery. But Alan and I were talking yesterday. We're both getting depressed. And I think we need to get out on some rides to help with that. I don't know how much gravel there is on our favorite roads, though. We might have to steer clear of the mountains, and I'm not to keen about riding east, where it's flat and boring. But just getting out on the bike would probably be great!
Do it Julie, I'm envious, we're still snowed in here, with snow in the forecast for the next few weeks. :-( A ride would definitely help, just take your time and enjoy the bike, being on the road again. Hang in there you two, I know it must be very tough.

Quote: