A New Thread............. - Big Jimmy's Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

A New Thread.............

Looking at the "no new posts" box is somehow depressing.
So I've started a new thread.
What should we talk about, helmet laws?, or gun rights?, or politics?, or what?

......how about the fact my #$%$^%$%^&%^&%$ BC Lions couldn't score a single touchdown in the CFL Western Conferance Final and lost to Calgary. Now I have no real need to watch the Grey Cup on Sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Big Jimmy Fan

How about sharing ideas on things to do to survive this economic crisis?

We have been really careful with the use of electricity, dropped one telephone line into the place (had two - one for the internet), make only one trip to the store every two weeks (instead of once a day) with better planning, pay more attention to sales papers and actually compare prices on food products. The impulsive purchases have stopped completely.

For entertainment we spend more time working in the yard and doing projects here at the house. We are riding our bicycles more and once a week one of a local group of friends hosts a movie night at thier place where we rent or buy a movie. Everyone brings some form of snack and has a good time.
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 01:29 PM

those are great tips and ideas ken!

I don't like seeing the no new posts note either.
I have been riding to work everyday and think of you all every time I got on. I love it so much. I used to worry about helmet hair, but I only go about six miles so it's not so bad.

On another note, I hate my job. Well, I love the actual job but am having much difficulty with some of the upper management and now also having issues with a subordinate from another department. Seems to me egos are running wild.
I know I should be "greatful I have a job" but I'm sick daily about going to work .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Administrator

I hate my job. its mundane, boring, lacks any form of creativeness....

SPOK - 2005 Vulcan 2000
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Administrator

sunny and cold this morning, I wonder if the blue skies will last till the afternoon?

SPOK - 2005 Vulcan 2000
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Clear and cold here as well. It seems that winter (well, the cold anyways) has set in for the duration.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Administrator

and here goes the natural gas bill

SPOK - 2005 Vulcan 2000
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spok View Post
and here goes the natural gas bill
Not here! We can't get gas so all I have is an electric bill.

And on that topic, I officially winterized the rest of the bikes yesterday so no more riding till spring. Although the Scrambler was winterized and it only took me about 5 minutes to get the fully charged battery back into it when I found out we'd be going for a ride Carlo.

Down to just the quad to ride now, so Anna and I will have to play rock, papers, scissors to see who gets to ride. I think I'll try to go find some new trails at lunch.

As for the economic crisis Ken, those are all good ideas, but we haven't really felt it here. Work is still busy and will be for the foreseeable future, we're just getting hammered on investments but hopefully we can just stay where we are till things recover. Other than that we try to do what we can to keep the economy rolling along.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Tried a new trail but it didn't go as far as I'd hoped...

Duck!

End of the line for today

It was weird Carlo, the trail was still snow covered where we rode last weekend, through that meadow, but as soon as I started to climb, there was no snow and the bikes would have been fine. It just would have been touch and go over the snow ice for about a 1/2 a kilometer.
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 07:50 PM

how come you winterize the DR's so early Brent ? just too cold to bother now ?

well, i love my job, but this time of year makes me wonder why. the temps here are below normal. i think it got above freezing today and will be teetering there for the next week or so. was windy today as well, so it was friggin chilly. i was happy to be the guy up in the bucket working, cause it gets really cold being the guy on the ground. guess i'll be cold tomorrow.....