Terrible news - Big Jimmy's Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Terrible news

Norm just called me to say that Deron died this afternoon. He went back to work after lunch and collapsed. The ambulance took him to the hospital, but it was too late to save him. They don't know why he died; Norm thinks there will be autopsy. He will let us know about funeral plans.

I'm so devastated that I'm in shock. When Norm called me, I could hardly make sense of what he was telling me. Deron was one of the sweetest, most lovable people I've ever met. I just can't imagine not having him around. I don't know what else to say...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 02:52 AM

deron

Deron was my (ex) brother in law, but a true brother to me. He's been a friend for over 30 years. He is my kids god father. I am just in shock!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 02:58 AM
Administrator

i'm very sorry for your personal loss. Deron to me was my friend and my brother. The news is devestating.

SPOK - 2005 Vulcan 2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 04:12 AM

i am still at a loss for words....

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 05:16 AM

This is just horrible news. Annie and I are so sad and can hardly believe it.

I'm so sorry for the loss everyone must be experiencing.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:21 AM

Yeh, this one cuts deep. Tracy and I were talking about Deron tonite. It's funny how we only met once, and it seems like we have lost a member of our family.
In my line of business one gets used to dealing with death, but the difference between that and what I feel today is hard to put into words.

I'm sure he is riding somewhere right now.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Administrator

I spoke to David tonite to pass the news in person, that was hard. I spoke with Julie tonite because I wanted to know she was ok and to hear her voice. I spoke with Cary tonite to do the same, he always has a way to make me feel better about anything. I sent some words to normy via PM on the BTK site and gave him my contact info and he called me and I spoke with him tonite as well.

There is an emptyness tonite for a friend who I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with.

SPOK - 2005 Vulcan 2000
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:25 AM

Oh Man...
i am at a loss for words as well.
deron was to me a good friend in many ways...i just don't know what to say right now.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Here, as in the other forum, I have been into this thread several times, each time I have been left without adequate words to convey my thoughts of regret and condolences to Deron's family and all the people who knew him.

It was obvious Deron had a deep love for his family, friends, motorcycling and hunting. It is true shame that a good man, a man with passion and love for so many others leaves this world so young.

It is my hope that Deron will rest in peace, that his family and friends will always remember the man he was and the great values he placed on life.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Big Jimmy Fan

Sometimes its hard to explain how to feel about the loss of a loved one/friend. I know I am having a hard time trying to explain how I feel. Sad and pizzed off comes up easily enough though. I am glad I got the chance to meet him and all the BS'ing we did. This freaking blows.