485 km ride yesterday. - Big Jimmy's Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

485 km ride yesterday.

What started as a plan by Brent and I to make a "short run" up to Kelowna yesterday turned into an all day "Epic Ride" due to our main north south highway being closed for an impending landslide.

We took the back route, if you can call it that, and put down a lot of miles on some great twisty roads. We made the tour of the bike shops in Kelowna, had some lunch at Timmies (great chili!) and then re-traced our steps. It was a little "chilly" in the mountains, and it tryed to snow on us for a few minutes even. All in all, it was another great day spent riding with a good friend.
Can't get much better than that.

Last edited by trikebubble; 10-26-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Here is the culprit that made us change our route.

http://www.arthon.com/projects/summe...dClosures.html
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 10:21 PM

awesome Carlo, but where are the pics ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikebubble View Post
....All in all, it was another great day spent riding with a good friend.
Can't get much better than that.
Couldn't agree more!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:05 AM
Big Jimmy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispeed77 View Post
awesome Carlo, but where are the pics ?
I know, without pics it didn't happen right? Sorry I totally forgot to take the camera, and besides we didn't stop once for a break. It was looking pretty bad up ahead at one point, dark grey clouds that were full of either rain or snow and I was looking for a place to pull over and ask Carlo if he wanted to get into rain gear. Never did find a spot to pull over and besides, neither of us packed rain gear anyway. Managed to miss the rain/snow and just rode through some wet roads with snow in the ditches. It was a great ride and my heated vest and grips worked overtime. Don't know how Carlo did it without heated grips, but the new Tiger with his name on it comes with heated grips and ABS, perfect for riding on snow covered roads.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Administrator

that is some crack in the hillside, when that baby goes all heck is gonna break loose

SPOK - 2005 Vulcan 2000
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelsforfun View Post
I know, without pics it didn't happen right? Sorry I totally forgot to take the camera, and besides we didn't stop once for a break. It was looking pretty bad up ahead at one point, dark grey clouds that were full of either rain or snow and I was looking for a place to pull over and ask Carlo if he wanted to get into rain gear. Never did find a spot to pull over and besides, neither of us packed rain gear anyway. Managed to miss the rain/snow and just rode through some wet roads with snow in the ditches. It was a great ride and my heated vest and grips worked overtime. Don't know how Carlo did it without heated grips, but the new Tiger with his name on it comes with heated grips and ABS, perfect for riding on snow covered roads.
well, ok, you are forgiven.
next time make sure you swing by the Triumph dealer....

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spok View Post
that is some crack in the hillside, when that baby goes all heck is gonna break loose
i'd say ! just got a chance to look at that now, holy crap !

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelsforfun View Post

Thanks Brent, it was all I could do to get the thoughts of that beauty Rat triple out of my mind........thanks a whole bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spok View Post

The highway is still closed, but they seem to be talking about opening it anyways. We looked at some helicopter shots on the morning news and to me it looks like it is ready to slide. I can't believe they would consider it safe.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikebubble View Post
The highway is still closed, but they seem to be talking about opening it anyways. We looked at some helicopter shots on the morning news and to me it looks like it is ready to slide. I can't believe they would consider it safe.
i didn't really read the article, just looked at the pics. do you think they would be better of to separate it themselves ? thereby controlling it to some degree ? cause it's obviously gonna happen at some point.