The other day Annie and I and friend rode to the local lake for breakfast. On the way up I had all my gear on; boots, jacket, helmet, glasses, gloves. On our way back, it wasn't as chilly, so I chose not to wear my gloves. I also neglected to zip up the sleeves on my jacket.
Not a 1/2 mile into our trip home, a bee or wasp or something go into my left jacket sleeve and stung me. There was no place to pull over, and it hurt like hell. I was afraid it was going to keep stinging me so I tried to squish it against my arm inside my sleeve. The whole ride home it felt like I had broken glass inside my jacket...
Luckily, I'm not allergic, however, it did leave me hurting for about 8 hours. As a matter of fact, today it was looking kinda funky...still.
Anyway...it was a lesson learned for sure. Zip up and /or wear protection, dummy! (that dummy is for me, not for anyone else)